måndag 26 mars 2012

"Before I Fall" movie adaptation gets director

I haven´t yet gotten around to reading Before I fall (it´s on my very long list). I have however read to other books by Lauren Oliver and I adore her writing.

The filmrights for ´Before I fall´were sold to Fox 2000 about a year ago and now it seems a director has been found. Gina Prince-Blythewood, who helmed ´The secret life of Bees´is apparently eyeing a rewrite before moving forward.

The story centers around 18-year old highschool student Sam Kingston. Sam leads a seemingly flawless life, great boyfriend, three best friends and first choice at everything. She is also self-centered and callous.

And then she dies.

And wakes up again. Only to relive the last day of her life seven times. It´s basically a heartbreaking version of Groundhog day.

We probably won´t be hearing much of the movie plans for a while. In the meantime we can read the book and if you already have, think about how you would do it.

ps: Interesting note, another book by Lauren Oliver is also optioned by the same company; the dystopian story "Delirium".

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar